Hire Charges, Terms & Conditions
Hire charges: from April 2022*
|Resident/Community use Hourly
|| Minimum hire 2 hours
|Resident/Community use 1/2 day
|Resident/Community use Full Day
|Non Resident/Business use Hourly
|| Minimum hire 2 hours
|Non Resident/Business use 1/2 day
|Non Resident/Business use Full Day
Multiple room use: Additional room(s) - 50% discount on lowest priced room(s)
Guaranteed exclusive use of building requires the booking of all rooms
Use of kitchen for cooking/catering etc. £10 per session (only by prior agreement)
Includes heating & lighting.
Note: Additional cleaning charges may be applied if extraordinary post-event cleaning is necessary.
For all bookings, enquiries or further information please contact the Bookings Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We reserve the right to make changes to any of these these charges without notice.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Fees, deposit & bookings
- A minimum charge of 2 hours per hiring applies.
- All charges will be levied from the current scale, agreed and updated by the Hall Management Committee.
- Charges levied for hire of Hall equipment shall be at the sole discretion of the Bookings Manager, subject to a minimum fee and deposit.
- For a single event the Hirer will be required to pay for the booking in full at the time of booking.
- Regular users will be invoiced at the start of each series of bookings and at appropriate regular intervals thereafter.
- All bookings are to be made through the Bookings Manager, appointed by the Hall Management Committee.
- All bookings are at the absolute and sole discretion of the Bookings Manager.
- An additional refundable deposit may be required of up to 50% of the hire charge at the time of booking at the discretion of the Bookings Manager. The deposit will be used for making good any damage arising from the Hire.
- Payment by BACS is preferred, details will be provided on the invoice. Cheques to be made payable to “Brundish Parish Rooms”.
- All damage or defects noted on arrival/collection by the Hirer, must be brought to the attention of the Bookings Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Any damage or defects found after the Hire Period, may be charged in full.
- Charges may be levied at the Bookings Managers discretion for cleaning.
- At the end of the hire period the Hirer shall:
- return any moved furniture to its “as found” position.
- ensure that everything is left clean and tidy with all rubbish placed in the outside bins
- ensure all used kitchen surfaces, sinks and other equipment are left clean and tidy, all used utensils, cutlery etc. are properly washed, dried and put away.
- ensure that heating, hot water, lighting and kitchen and any other electrical appliances used are switched off
- The notice boards provided are to be used for notices and posters. Sellotape and other fixings must not to be used on the walls.
- Our audio and video system is freely available but hirers will need to request access to it; any necessary training in its use will be provided.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be sold on the premises without the relevant licences.
- The Hirer must not permit any person(s), to commit any act that would invalidate any Insurance Policy/licence held.
- The Hirer shall take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all persons when using the Hall.
- The Hirer shall assume responsibility for all car parking, the behaviour of all persons connected with the event, and ensure that at no point is any obstruction, nuisance, or inconvenience conveyed to the neighbouring properties as a result of the Hire.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the Hall, and or Hall property or equipment, which occurs during the Hire Period, and for any liabilities which may arise as a result of the Hire. Hirers are urged to ensure that they have, hold or arrange, adequate insurance to cover their own legal liabilities arising out of the hiring of the Hall, and the activities conducted therein.
- All Hirers must be aged 18 years or above.
- For the duration of the Hire Period, the Hirer, or a minimum of one adult, nominated by the Hirer shall remain present at the Hall.
- Under no circumstances may the Hall be left unmanned and unsecured, i.e., unlocked, within the duration of the Hire Period.
- No equipment, furnishing, utensil or any other item belonging to the hall shall be removed without formal written consent of the bookings manager.
- At the end of the Hire Period, the Hall must not be vacated until a member of the committee has inspected, secured and locked up the premises, unless a prior locking up arrangement has been agreed with the Bookings Manager.
Cancellation of hire by the hirer
- Must be made via email to the bookings manager email@example.com a minimum of two weeks before the planned event.
- Bookings cancelled without sufficient notice may be charged at up to the full hire cost of the room. The Bookings Manager exercises sole discretion in respect of any return or partial of the deposit paid.
Cancellation of hire by the bookings manager
- The Bookings Manager reserves the right to cancel a Hire Period, (with reasonable notice), if the Hall is required for statutory use or where the Hall is required for use by the Hall Committee, Parochial Church Council, or Parish Council, in the case of a repeat long term Hire.
- In all cases the Bookings Manager has sole discretion.
Breach of terms by hirer
- In the case of any of these conditions being breached, the Board of Trustees shall decide what action will be taken, including the recovery of any costs incurred as a result of the breach, in remedying any such failure, to include the costs of employing professional assistance.
- The Board of Trustees, Hall Management Committee, or persons employed or nominated to act on their behalf shall not be responsible for any accident or injury, lose or damage, caused by or to property in the Hall during the Hire Period.
- Where hire terms have been negotiated between the Bookings Manager and a Hirer, for multiple bookings, the Hirer shall not divulge negotiated hire rates with a third party.
- In the event of any dispute between the Hirer and Bookings Manager, then the Hall Committee Chairman will act as arbitrator.
All enquiries and correspondence should be directed in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org